Friday 10 October 2008

Dot TK free short domain names and free email.

Yesterday whilst putting together a free website for a local charity group I stumbled across one of the best free internet related services I think I've ever seen.

This service is Dot TK who supply free domain names and email redirection services so that you can have a nice neat domain name for your website or blog and free email addresses using your domain name that you can redirect to the mailbox of your choice.

There are some great free webspace services available these days,even some that contain no advertising but one problem that I've found with these free services is that the website address you end up with can be a little long and clumsy especially if you want to forward it to other people or print it on flyers or business cards etc.So unless you want to buy your own domain name and point at your site you're stuck with your long web address.

Dot TK solves this problem because you can get free of charge "your domain name".tk which you can point at your free site and so have a nice short neat web address at zero cost.Also you can have free email addresses @your domain and redirect the emails to any inbox you choose.

In order to demonstrate just how good these services are I have set them up for this blog so now rather than having to give my friends my blog address of http://lousmorals.blogspot.com/ I can now just give them http://lousmorals.tk/ which I'm sure you'll agree is much neater,nicer and easier to remember.I now also have the email address of lou@lousmorals.tk which again I'm sure you agree looks pretty professional and easy to remember.

So if you'd like a nice short web address for your site and some free email adresses for it take a look at http://www.dot.tk/en/index.html?lang=en

have a great weekend,Lou Smorals.

No comments: