Tuesday 7 October 2008

Getting Google to find your blog.

You will notice that there has been quite a while since my last post on this blog and that has been because I have been going through the process of making this blog show up in Google searches.As this is my first attempt at blogging getting my blog recognised by Google was a bit of a steep learning curve but I have suceeded in the end and below you will find details of how I did it.

The first thing I did was to follow the instructions in my blog dashboard to get it Google verified,then to be on the safe side I also submitted my blog url athttp://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl.

After doing this I read the section in my blog dashboard about creating a sitemap for Google to find.I must admit to being a little dazed and confused by what I read so I searched for more information.I was lucky enough to find a guide at http://blogger-tricks.blogspot.com/2006/04/adding-google-sitemap-to-your-blog.html and after following the very clear and understand instructions I got my sitemap sorted and submitted.A big thanks to Peter for this guide as it really made things a lot easier for me.

After you have done all of the above all that you can really do is sit back and wait.It will take time for Google to get round to finding your blog and in my caes it took a few weeks so don't panic and be patient because it will find you eventually.

I hope this post will be of some use to someone and that you all have a great day,Lou Smorals.

No comments: